Monday, January 4, 2016

I'm not sure it's a good thing to be Unicorn Tears

Today is arguably the worst day of the year. We've all been on vacation for a nice long break, and now we all have to trudge back in there and pretend we don't do it begrudgingly. Just me? I'm the only one who'll be moving a little slower this morning? Sure. Ok. Fine. You lie, but I'll take the fall. 

I fully believe in the work to live lifestyle. I haven't always fully ACTED on that belief it as I spent most of 2015 living to work - putting in way to many hours, eating crap food, and barely ever working out. My eyebrow fell out (something very weird that happens when Im too stressed), my skin started to hate me, I gained more weight than ever and just stopped enjoying life. I did get a 5/5 on my performance review. Those are given to the top 1/2% of the company but my boss told me when I received it "I didn't even know these existed til now!" and spent the rest of the month refering to me as unicorn tears. Because Unicorns are rare, but unicorn tears are super rare. Was it worth it? I dunno. I can't really say so? Yeah, I got a nice bonus and I enjoyed getting a raise but I missed my husband. I miss cooking, blogging, spontaneity and weekends.  I miss going on adventures on the weekend because we're both to tired for anything but catching up on the house and sleeping. I really wanna end that. 

I want 2016 to be the year that I get my "life" back. How? By actively coming into this space more. By traveling/seeing MORE (I'm looking at you West Coast Bucket List). By taking care of myself more. 

source

No comments:

Post a Comment