Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Happy 2017! (or, Unicorn Tears pt II)

Happy 2017! It seems like everywhere I look theres another article about “How to kill it at work this year” or ‘Tips to having an EMPOWERED work life this year” and well, can I just be honest? That’s the LAST thing I want 2017 to be. I’ve spent two years killing it at work, busting it every week with hours upon hours and extra assignments and fixing mistakes and y’all – I’m tapping out on this year.

 I think my LAST real post on this blog was about how I didn’t want 2016 to be the year I killed it at work.

Oops.

So, I did. Again. (Anyone else have Britney Spears in their head now?) 
NOW, don’t get me wrong. It worked out for me, I started a new job this year that 0% would have been possible without two solid years of proving myself and busting my arse. I also turned down a killer job that, again, wouldn’t have been possible without having an empowered work life. But I want different things for 2017. I want to enjoy my weekends without being wiped. I want “balance” or as close to it as I can get. I want to care less about the a$hole at work and more about whether I want to do the 5pm or the 7pm yoga class. 

Let's see how this works, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment