Sunday, April 3, 2011

NOFO

 This morning, Mike was given the task (after he won a bet) of choosing a place for brunch, after finally figuring out NOFO at the Pig, in downtown Raleigh, we set out on our way. LITTLE DID I KNOW, it was destiny. Why? Well, not because it is a cafe in the old "Piggly Wiggly" store at five points, but LOOK AT THE MENU. ASHE COUNTY OMELETTE! They get the cheese that they use in the restaurant from Ashe county. Fun Fact: the only working cheese plant in North Carolina, is in Ashe County. 


We got our obligatory morning drinks. A mimosa with fresh squeezed OJ and a "damn good" bloody mary.


Like I said, the resturaunt is in the old Piggly Wiggly, so they have some of the old architecture and design in place, and other stuff like the blown glass pig chandelier definitely trendy, awesome Raleigh eatery.


Here's half of my AC omelette, along with one of Mike's crab cake benedict

Upstairs from the cafe is a little shop. It has a ton of candy, locally made crafts and jewelry, and other assorted goodies. There's also a small farmers market, fresh made truffles, and nice gift ideas. (I really enjoyed the glass architecture napkins and the 750ml wine glass..)




Glorious morning start to a glorious Sunday. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Squeaky Cheese! I have family in West Jefferson and have actually been to the cheese factory. I wonder if they still do tours? That is one of the coolest memories from my childhood, and I wasn't even a food scientist yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just noticed this comment! Yeah, they still have the viewing window where you can watch, but they dont make it QUITE so often anymore. The store is across the street now too. It was definitely cool to watch.

    (and thanks for being..possibly..my only reader)

    ReplyDelete