Monday, July 4, 2011

Update? I'll try...

I'm SORRY, I fell off the wagon. Again. I keep just..not..blogging.. I need to get one attached to my brain so that I can just THINK the words.. So, Since my birthday we have...

Picnic Noms
We went to a performance of the NC Symphony doing Paul McCartney's songs. They allowed you to bring a picnic and eat before the show, so that's exactly what we did. I packed up some cheese, some sandwiches with turkey and avocado, roasted tomatos, and cheesecake stuffed strawberries. We took one bottle of wine. And we were under prepared.

If you remember, the last time we went to the KokoBooth ampitheatre, a tornado touched down in Raleigh. Welp, this time, INSANE RAIN STORMS came swooping through the triangle. I had talked to dad earlier in the day, who had warned me about hail and nasty rain and wind, but. Oh well..Mike and I turned the table cloth into a burrito for keeping the rain out, and did a pretty good job. Go team us!



 After the rain left, everyone came back out to eat and play and we had a really great time. :)










Moving on..


The next weekend we decided to continue out date nights and go to Cafe Tiramisu, where Mike had a Groupon too. It was really tasty and we ended the night with the Tiramsu, which.. surprisingly, isnt on the menu. Then we managed to catch a showing of X-Men: First Class. I loved it, as a comic book nerd, and Mike thought it was really cool. They bring Magneto to the front, and his Holocaust history, more than the previous movies. The dialogue was great, the action was great, and it left you thinking..




Last weekend, we went to Aviator brewery (where we had a groupon) and drank some beers with some good friends of ours. We also played some cornhole, and Mike and I won!.





Then we packed up and headed into Durham for a Durham Bulls game. I've never been to a baseball game, so I was super excited to go. Mike's been trying to teach me the rules and the sport itself, so that things make sense, and at the game I did a pretty good job of figuring it out. Mike wore his Mets cap because the team the Bulls were playing was a Yankees farm team..and yeah, its all about the small protests.. DID I MENTION, that I also got to eat peanuts at the game? And there really were people walking up and down the stands selling food and drinks. Apparently, sometimes movies DO imitate life. Mike has now declared my attendance at  a Met's game is necessary.


FF loves.
Now, finally, this weekend. Friday started out pretty sweet with a trip to Downtown for First Friday. We saw HoolaHoopers (which made me want to learn how), and some really awesome arts and crafts. They had music and drum circles and vendors. It was pretty great. Afterwards, we went to a mexican restaurant that I'd been wanting to try, and...well, honestly I was disappointed, so we're not gonna go into that.

We went home, started playing around to dance central on the Kinect for Xbox and I decided that I didnt like my knee in it's current location, so I moved it. :( Now, I'm doing my best not to hurt it while I lie around and figure out how to move from my car, down the stairs at the deck (broken elevator you see) across the lot to my building and up three flights of stairs (again..no elevator) just to hobble around my lab for a couple days. I'm also scouring the craigslist for crutches. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment