Monday, January 3, 2011

101 Things Practice

On my 101 things to do list, Under See the Sights: Number 11 : See a Broadway show..on Broadway. Well, Mike and I started practicing. We went to DPAC to see the Mel Brooks play "Young Frankenstein" sometime within the hubub that is the holiday season. I know. I'm behind. I'm so sorry...ahem, on you go...


It was absolutely hilarious. I'd never seen or heard of it before but I was definitely happily surprised. Plus, it was nice to have a bit of a night away in a different city. I've always had a soft spot for the Dirty Durham, thanks to NCSSM, and it was nice to get to play in the local flavor for a bit. Mike's dad suggested the movie version, which has Gene Wilder in it. We have yet to make it all the way through, but so far, it really is hilarious. Mel Brooks has become a "go-to" with Mike and I when we need a laugh. (Men in Tights and Space Balls so far, with a few more in the queue)



Shot via Mike's lovely iPhone, so I would have photographic proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment