Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I am my Mother.

Tonight, as I was vacumming, folding clothes, getting dinner ready, unwinding from a full day at work, making my lunch, talking to my mom and talking to the kittens..and it hit me.

I am my Mother. 

Now, this is in no way a bad thing, just a realization. Before, I think my mom was a little worried. I hated cooking as a kid and I refused to clean, so I'm fairly certain she was convinced that I would fail in all areas of homemaking, but like any awesome mother (like she is) she let it be. When she learned that I, Terri Elizabeth Eller, could not only do laundry and iron, but clean house and cook (really well, I might add) she seemed quite proud. Tonight, she called me "her little homemaker." A small part of me feels like I finally made it as a big girl. I'm an adult now.

Take THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment