Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Paintin with my Homies (its ok, you can sing along)

A few weeks ago a bunch of the girls headed over to Polka Dot Palette in Cary. I'd been there once before when I painted the wine bottle (with the molecule? remember?) and I was really excited to get to go back with some friends. 

Christie brought an AMAZING spread that included all sorts of fruit and sweets, plus the cutest little mini bottles of wine (which was a GREAT idea. I <3 mini things) and cranberry moonshine. There are pictures on facebook, it was ridiculously tasty and dangerous. We nibbled a bit and then we started painting. 

the girls in action!

The teacher there, Brandon, is really good. He's funny, sweet and very talented.  Unlike other painting places where you basically color within the lines (which is surprisingly still difficult and the teachers there show you some really cool techniques) at PDP you start with a completely blank canvas. THEN, Brandon shows you techniques and walks around helping you figure it out. Little by little, til you have a new masterpiece.
I really like my chubby little bird. 

All in all, we had a blast and I highly recommend checking out PDP. If you get on their mailing list, you get a $5 coupon in the monthly emails for any class!  I'm hoping all the girls can get together soon for another fun night. 

the lovelies (and teacher photobomb) with our paintings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment