Monday, November 26, 2012

Weekend Update

Another weekend has come and gone, 
and a long one at that!

Let's take a peek.

Wednesday Night. 
I'm quite thankful that Mike doesn't mind bowls of Trix for dinner on crazy nights.
I am sad that 2012 Trix are these weird colored balls and
not the awesomely shaped fruit and flowers of my childhood.

I'm also sad that my teeny-tiny puppy (on the left in the photo from June), is now large and not teenytiny. But, we dropped her off at the boarder, which she LOVES to go to, by the way.
When we picked her up, they said that she was the queen of the playtime and would only settle down if everyone else was. Awwwes.

Eventually, we made it to the airport for our 10:45 flight from San Francisco to La Guardia to go to Long Island for Thanksgiving. 


Thursday: 
I honestly didn't take a TON of photos, 
because we were too busy talking and chatting and being a family. 
I do adore Mike's family, and greatly appreciate how everyone has embraced me. I have a new set of parents, sisters that I always wanted, and a whole set of aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. 
For a moment: please send a quick prayer or warm wishes out for Mike's grandpa and entire family.


Can I just note the irony that my first experience with deep fried turkey was in Long Island.
 For the record, if the question is ever asked "How many Jews does it take to fry a turkey?" 
6 But, dang, is it a good turkey. :)
We had fried turkey!
On top of the tons of pies, pumpkin cheesecakes and other deserts, Mike and I got a congratulations cake.  Kinda made the whole thing more official, no?


 And, my future parents-in-law (lovethat)
got me the most wonderful engagement present. I've obviously been in love with all things Paris for a while and this little bauble makes me happy every time I catch a glimpse. 



Friday
A late night flight BACK to San Francisco, 
it's a new city, but she sure is pretty to fly in to, 


and has lots of fun games to play with in the terminals. 


Saturday
We slept in a bit before heading over to Mountain Mike's pizza and apparently a pinball tournament. 

Then, after all the pressure we got in LI, we headed to register. 
It's..kind of a lot of pressure, but we had a lot of fun with it. 

On a side note, can I go back and buy this? 
I have no money for such things, but..
I have wanted a snuggie FOREVER and I love this print. 
$18? 


and I KNOW that we need to get cookie cutters for Hannukah. 
6 point stars are hard to find, as are dreidels. 


After we picked up an exhausted Shiva, 
we all snuggled up for some much needed catchup sleep. 


 Sunday:
Once again, Mike made sunday football brunch.
Bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and coffee? OH MY.
Oh, and awesome Polka Dot PJs and cozy slippers. :) 


The only other thing you need to know about today is this: 
'nuff said. 


Do we have to go back to work tomorrow?
Can we have a two day week next week as well?


stillbeingmolly
 Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome pendant from your future inlaws. I love it!

    Also love your PJ pants.

    I had a blast registering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that paris necklace is GORGEOUS! what a great gift!! and i am totally sending up prayers for Mike's family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your puppy is so cute! Even if she isn't quite a puppy anymore. And that pendant is such a thoughtful gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you! Sounds like your future in-laws are pretty amazing because that necklace is gorgeous! And deep friend turkey...is there really any other kind?!?

    ReplyDelete