Saturday, February 11, 2012

on the HUNT!!

After I got my shiny new camera for Christmas, I've been itching to take it outside. However, I'm scared to do so until I have a *PADDED* camera bag to give it a safe cushioned home. That being said, I've found that I'm a bit picky about what I want in a new camera bag.

The Requirements:
1: No cloth fabric
2: must have padded spaces for the camera and lens, BONUS: they're adjustable or removable
3: room for additional goodies  MUST: my iPhone, a wallet, a small snapcamera  BONUS POINTS: iPad space!
4: I dont want to SCREAM "I AM A CAMERA BAG PLEASE STEAL ME!"
5: I want it to be pretty. Easy enough to wear that it looks like it "goes" with my outfit. :)
6: it needs to have two "sets" of handles. One that I can carry like a purse, and the other for slinging it across my body.

Ladies and gents: this is harder than I imagined it would be. Ugh, but I am starting to find a few that I like

First:
via
This beauty from Cheeky Lime ($129). Though I wouldnt normally go for the bright blue, I was kinda drawn to it..
via
16.0" x 6.0" x 10.0"
Inside Specs:
Padded walls protect your equipment, Adjustable interior velcro dividers allows customization and flexibility.
Fits a DSLR camera and up to 3 lenses, Outside zipper compartment, Large divider fits laptop, iPad

Second: 

via


 This little darling from Jo*totes ($109) is more the color range I was thinking of. I tend to stick to brightly colored flats (the brown would work) or rainbows, and if I do dare into black flats, I think the brown is dark enough to work. Normally, I'm not a big fan of exterior pockets though, so It's definitely a give and take. (The interior blue is super cute though!)
11*15.5*4
Inside Specs:
Removable shoulder strap/cross body strap, Zipper closure, Large zippered back pocket will hold ipad.
two front pickets, adjustable interior pads



Third:
camel clover
via
This bag, the Clover (in Camel) is from Epiphanie bags. ($185) It has tons of room inside, and looks really chic and classic.

inside of clover

17 * 6 * 13
Inside Specs:
Adjustable velcro panels, removable cross body strap, can hold ipad, zipper closure.








Fourth:
sharp camera bag. NEED.  
via
Another cute number from Epiphanie. The Lyric bag (in plum) is $155, and definitely stylish. I love the knotted straps. The purple is another bright color, but with how much I wear, it might as well be neutral. I think it would work with black or brown shoes, dont you?

insides

13*4*15
Inside Specs:
Adjustable velcro panels, removable cross body straps, exterior pocket for ipad, exterior pockets for other goodies.






Fifth:
thebossi-fawn
via
This is a super classic shape and color from TheIT ($159) called the Bossi bag in Fawn.
thebossi-fawn

14*9*6
Inside Specs:
detachable cross body strap, removeable padded insert, exterior pockets, possible ipad room



Ok, so votes? Ideas? Opinions on which I should go for? Any mysterious benefactors that want to purchase a cool bag for me? <3



3 comments:

  1. Def either option 4 or 5. Both colors are awesome (my obsession w purple could make me biased), however looks like #4 may have a bit more room...

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all of them are great. Wish I'd have checked into something more "purse like" for my camera bag instead of the classic camera bag. What was I thinking?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dark brown one and the purple one! Why must camera bags be so dang expensive tho?!

    ReplyDelete